We have another big batch of development code merges. Continue on to read a quick summary and the full list of changes.
Along with standard bug fixes, we get some new commits involving bulletproofs and better support for wallet hardware.
- Unofficial GUI Release until Fluffy can finalize it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/8rkwyt/unofficial_release_of_gui_wallet_version_0122/
- VTNerd has been working on some patches for ZeroMQ(0MQ)
- Serhack continues work on the "Mastering Monero" book.
- Bulletproofs audit
- Quarkslab anticipates that their audit will be done soon(as early as the end of next week).
- Early reports show
- Mooo and Sarang have found a way to speed up Bulletproof verification times: https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/bitmonero/tree/bp-multi-aggregation-pippenger
- v0.12.2.0 has been tagged for release. Binaries will be built soon.
- Code freeze for the Aug/Sept update is expected to happen in Mid July.
- Bulletproofs and Cryptonight v2 are exempt from that schedule and will continue to be worked on during the freeze.
- Arcticmine and Sarang are working on an updated fee structure
- Monero Integrations Team has released a payment gate way for OpenCart
- Stoffu has added automatic popping of bad version blocks
- rbrunner is working on an easier MultiSig implementation
- sarang is analyzing an implementation of non-interactive refunds
- MRL team
- Working on refund transactions.
- Kudelski and QuarksLabs have begun their work on the Bulletproofs audit.
- The GUI devs are working on a v0.12.1 build that fixes the (std::bad_cast) bug.
- GUI OpenAlias support.
- A Linux Wayland workaround(forcing XCB)
- Windows GUI will have ANGLE and MESA graphics libraries as a fallback
- Monero Ecosystem/Projects: https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/meta
- MyMonero for Apple iOS is in TestFlight
- Lots and lots of discussion about a new request for funding to write a Monero compatible client in the Ruby programming language.
- Which migrated to "Why not Python?"
- Which obviously became "Why not Rust?"
- Python again.
- And you can bet NodeJS was mentioned.
- Nonsense befitting a dev meeting on April Fools Day :)
- Geopolitics and "fake news"
- Why doesn't Monero have a music video?
- ZCash FUD'ing us again.
- Childhood books and TV shows
- Why not implement Kov
- To allow some additional time to test all of the new features, the next Monero release has been pushed to ~April 6th: https://github.com/monero-project/monero/pull/3424
- Version 0.12 "Lithium Luna"
- The release is expected to be tagged and ready for testing thi