DevMeeting 2017-06-11

Submitted by aerbax on Sun, 06/11/2017 - 16:19

Highlights[ ]

  • Mooo has modified the way IP addresses are handled - making future I2P integration easier.
  • The getmonero.org website has added links to the Core GUI.
  • The new Kovri website is Live: https://getkovri.org/
  • Pigeons is working on a Github ticketbot to assist with day-to-day duties
  • MoneroMooo has completed his last FFS milestone! Congrats, Mooo! And thank you for everything that you've done....and we're excited to see what's coming next! Time for another FFS round.
  • MoneroMooo has started working with one of the Luigi's on MultiSig.
  • Next meeting will be on June 25th.
  • Gineropolous is continuing work on FluffyNet/FluffyBlocks (compact blocks)
  • tewinget is pushing to get the ZeroMQ(0MQ) work completed by the end of this month (June 2017).

 

Full Log[ ]

<fluffypony> ok
<fluffypony> found charger
<fluffypony> hello and welcome
<endogenic> aw how cute, a happy cow
<fluffypony> to the 75th annual hunger games
<fluffypony> https://github.com/monero-project/meta/issues/70
<endogenic> lol who will be tribute?
<fluffypony> 1. Greetings
<fluffypony> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<fluffypony> 3. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<fluffypony> 4. Any additional meeting items
<fluffypony> 5. Confirm next meeting date/time
<fluffypony> endogenic: I volunteer for tribute!
<_Slack> <rehrar> oIIIo
<fluffypony> so 1...hello and roll call
<_Slack> <johnalan> Hey
<dternyak> roll call!
<unknownids> helloo
<gingeropolous> i'll have a bagel
<tewinget> red beard, standing by
<monerobby> hi
<jwinterm> meow
<_Slack> <rehrar> Yo
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> Hi
<ArticMine> Hi
<_Slack> <4matter> Hi
<fluffypony> hyc / othe / smooth / antanst / cornfeedhobo / iDunk / IPGlider / JollyMort[m] / kenshi84 / knaccc / medusa_ / NoodleDoodle / pigeons / redfish / redlion_ / RedLion[m] / anyone I forgot
<endogenic> redbeard
<dEBRUYNE> Jaquee ^
<tewinget> lol endogenic
<fluffypony> how did I miss his nick in the list, tks dEBRUYNE
<pigeons> :)
<endogenic> anonimal
<fluffypony> anonimal is always here, if not in person then in spirit
<Jaquee> hi. i'll be here in spirit too. busy with another meeting =)
<moneromooo> Let's move on before we spend 10 minutes here but not starting...
<pero> :)
<fluffypony> lol
* xmrpool_eu (~xmrpool_e@staticline-31-182-254-153.toya.net.pl) has joined
<fluffypony> ok
<fluffypony> 2. Brief review of what's been completed since the previous meeting
<moneromooo> Abstracted peer addresses, which will make it easier to plug I2P in later.
<fluffypony> from my side I put the GUI on the download page, and reviewed and merged PRs
* fluffypony browses merged PRs
<moneromooo> Mostly bugfixes I think, I was looking at it.
<fluffypony> yeah
<fluffypony> ok let's move on
<pigeons> arm7 bug found
<fluffypony> 3. Code + ticket discussion / Q & A
<_Slack> <rehrar> The new getkovri.org is live. Multi-language ready
<_Slack> <rehrar> Oops sorry. Too late.
<fluffypony> lol np rehrar, bring it up in 4?
<_Slack> <rehrar> It was just fine since last meeting.
<fluffypony> ok
<_Slack> <serhack> hello
<_Slack> <serhack> is meeting now?
<fluffypony> I'll do some merging today / tomorrow - are there any urgent PRs I must merge first?
<endogenic> serhack: yes
<moneromooo> 2078 maybe. Not really super urgent though.
<moneromooo> Oh, 2073 would be nice.
<moneromooo> 2064 would be nice too.
<fluffypony> kk
<_Slack> <johnalan> 1936?
<fluffypony> ok
<fluffypony> on the tickets side - pigeons how goes the ticketbot?
<_Slack> <johnalan> is that due to be merged?
<fluffypony> @johnalan yes, as long as there are no conflicts by the time I get to it
<_Slack> <johnalan> okey
<moneromooo> Is that the one with a "DO NOT MERGE" text on it ?
<iDunk> lol
<_Slack> <johnalan> hehehe
<_Slack> <johnalan> yes yes
<fluffypony> well if it says DO NOT MERGE then I'm not going to merge it
<fluffypony> :-P
<pigeons> for the ticketbot i am testing, need to make sure it only acts on authorized users' requests mainly is left
<pigeons> oh and i have only tested labeling, not removing labels or closing issues
<fluffypony> ok cool, but similar API calls for those
<fluffypony> we can test it out on meta first
<pigeons> yes
<fluffypony> ok sweet
<fluffypony> is there anyone who doesn't know what ticketbot is?
<tewinget> I suppose I don't, though I could venture a guess.
<pero> the future
<pero> ostensibly
<_Slack> <johnalan> I dont
<fluffypony> ok great
<tewinget> "ok great" --- fluffy was dying to tell about it, he just needed a reason.
<_Slack> <johnalan> Ticket Bot for IRC
<fluffypony> so then I have an announcement, which will rock the very foundations of this dev group
<fluffypony> introducing: TicketBot
<_Slack> <johnalan> is it huge?
<fluffypony> for too long we have languished, waiting for that fluffypony guy to close issues on GitHub
<fluffypony> or label them
<fluffypony> or remove labels
<_Slack> <johnalan> ^^^
<fluffypony> but now, through the power of a bot operating deep within the Monero infrastructure, we will languish NO MORE!
<fluffypony> for from <insert future date when pigeons is done> the power of this bot will be unleashed
<fluffypony> and a group of contributors will be ordained as having Issue Privileges and/or Label Privileges
<fluffypony> and they will be able to @mention the bot on GitHub issue comments
<endogenic> i'm not 100% sure what it is
* workinghard has quit (Quit: Page closed)
<fluffypony> and the bot will add or remove labels, or close issues, depending on that contributors privileges
<_Slack> <johnalan> WOW
<_Slack> <johnalan> thats amazing
<fluffypony> tl;dr we're providing a way around GitHub's lack of fine-grained collaborator privs
<tewinget> was just about to say...I can't believe you can't do that within github
<fluffypony> medusa_ was the one that pushed for it and suggested workarounds till we figured out the bot idea
<fluffypony> so thank him
<ArticMine> The bot runs here?
<fluffypony> ArticMine: no on GitHub, not on IRC
<moneromooo> Thanks medusa_ :D
<tewinget> well, for/with github, not on
<fluffypony> so you have to be authenticated to GitHub to comment on the issue anyway
<pero> wow this is really the future
<pero> such a thing didnt already exist?
<moneromooo> And thanks pigeons
<fluffypony> no
<fluffypony> we had to create it
<fluffypony> from scratch
* endogenic opens a barolo in medusa_ and the devs honor
<gingeropolous> ;)
<pero> impressive
<fluffypony> MOST IMPRESSIVE
<fluffypony> BUT YOU ARE NOT A JEDI YET
* fluffypony is inclined to say that when someone says "impressive"
<tewinget> doesn't work with your accent
<_Slack> <rehrar> Will we be selfish with him?
<fluffypony> it will depend from project to project, we'll keep the ACL small for the moment so that people don't argue about whether or not an issue should be closed
<_Slack> <rehrar> I mean he'll be open source, yeah? He can help a lot of other oss projects.
<fluffypony> oh yes absolutely
<fluffypony> we just need to figure out an Esperanto name for it, but dnaleor can be in charge of that
<fluffypony> ok - so that's tickerbot, let's move on
<fluffypony> 4. Any additional meeting items
<_Slack> <johnalan> Something about multisig, I think I heard someone say
<moneromooo> Kinda peripheral, but I've finished my last ffs milestone yesterday (thanks to all).
<_Slack> <johnalan> Congrats and well done
<dternyak> woo! moneromooo congrats
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> Thanks mooo
<fluffypony> well done mooo
<moneromooo> And I'm hacking on multisig yes, from luigi1113's docs and help. Not working yet though.
<fluffypony> moneromooo: are you going to do another FFS ?
<_Slack> <johnalan> @moneromooo you should
<dternyak> ^ +1
<_Slack> <scoobybejesus> ^
<unknownids> grats moo!
<unknownids> god i hope he does
<moneromooo> Not sure. I was kinda toying with quitting my day job and working more on monero, but... can't decide to just do it -_-
<gingeropolous> waaaat
<_Slack> <johnalan> see how it goes for another round of ffs
<_Slack> <4matter> good what feels good ;)
<iDunk> O.O
<_Slack> <johnalan> it will get funded in no time
<_Slack> <4matter> do
<dternyak> yessss do it moneromooo
<unknownids> oooo. i heard you should do that
<endogenic> wow you have a day job and you work on monero?
<fluffypony> moneromooo: DO IT
<unknownids> i heard that you should do that from a few people moneromooo
<thrmo[m]> Just do it! ^^
<fluffypony> you know you can trivially get funding
<_Slack> <4matter> meant to say: do what feels good ;)
<_Slack> <johnalan> everyone will contribute
<unknownids> i have my wallet ready to donate
<ArticMine> It will get funded
<_Slack> <johnalan> ^
<fluffypony> and my axe
<unknownids> why wont you take my moneros already!
<endogenic> (your other axe)
<moneromooo> Thank you for the plebiscite :D
<gingeropolous> (futurama shutup and take my money meme insert here)
<binaryFate> do it dude
<moneromooo> I might. I have a nice cushion now to stay out of work for a few years if things don't work out, so...
* davimore (~davimore@185.143.230.225) has joined
<moneromooo> And about multisig, I'm waiting for luigi1113 to check logs and see where things are going wonky.
<_Slack> <johnalan> You wouldn’t be out of work, you’d be working for yourself!
<moneromooo> But the code's all there for N/N (No N-1/N yet).
<_Slack> <johnalan> great
<unknownids> awesome
<_Slack> <johnalan> thanks for your work
<dternyak> thanks moneromooo
<_Slack> <johnalan> I haven’t had time personally to contribute recently, but are there any updates from anyone on mobile wallet?
* monerobby (~Adium@24-240-49-9.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com) has left
<unknownids> moneromooo, is that code on github anywhere yet? (not that i would understand it)
<moneromooo> Yes. Let me see..
<endogenic> i'm curious to check it out too, will learn a ton
<dternyak> johnalan it seems all thats left is certs, maybe fluffypony can comment :)
<dternyak> unless you meant official gui mobile
<endogenic> dternyak: i think he means official wallet
<dternyak> yeah
* monerobby (~Adium@24-240-49-9.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com) has joined
<_Slack> <johnalan> I am very excited about both
<moneromooo> https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/bitmonero/commits/mswip
<fluffypony> official - MyMonero isn't cool enough to have dev meetings
<_Slack> <johnalan> but yup I meant official
<endogenic> ^
<endogenic> lol i love your commit msgs
<_Slack> <johnalan> Coinomi seem to be getting there too
<moneromooo> The second commit message has luigi1113's doc about it.
<_Slack> <4matter> jaxx integration?
<_Slack> <4matter> jkjk
<_Slack> <4matter> lmao
<_Slack> <johnalan> “More”
<unknownids> thanks luigi1113 and moneromooo this is exciting stuff
<moneromooo> That's going to be rebased though. Don't mind this.
<_Slack> <johnalan> :)
<_Slack> <johnalan> so on gui/mymonero mobile - any updates?
<fluffypony> Jaquee ^^
<fluffypony> or MoroccanMalinois maybe?
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> I still think we need to decide on a name for the GUI. https://github.com/monero-project/monero-core/issues/674
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> Monero Kerna still seems fun
<_Slack> <johnalan> you can call it Mary if you like, I just want it
<_Slack> <johnalan> :)
<endogenic> not a huge fan of that
<MoroccanMalinois> I know Jaquee is working on the light wallet stuffs.
<anonimal> moneromooo: if you don't do another FFS, I'll stick my arm through these encrypted pipes, all the way to your face, and tickle your nose until you an FFS
<Jaquee> re: gui mobile. I've finally bought an android. Will try to get in running there in upcoming weeks. I'm almost finished with the lightwallet stuff (mymonero/openmonero)
<endogenic> way to go Jaquee!
<moneromooo> :)
<Jaquee> i have more time now over summer
<_Slack> <johnalan> well done Jaquee
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> :+1:
<endogenic> anonimal: sounds… kinky
<dternyak> 👍
<anonimal> lol endogenic
<_Slack> <johnalan> @anonimal is there a kovri meeting after this?
<fluffypony> ok so on that note
<fluffypony> 5. Confirm next meeting date/time
<fluffypony> what say ye to 2 weeks
<fluffypony> June 25th
<_Slack> <johnalan> :+1:
<ArticMine> Sounds good
<endogenic> aye
<fluffypony> purrrrrrfect
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> Another good option for the GUI is Monero Prime
<endogenic> but ppl can't know what it is by that name
<_Slack> <rehrar> Kerna!
<endogenic> that was my only thought before btw, didn't mean to be rude
<dternyak> Why don't we just do monero-gui instead of monero-core?
<moneromooo> It's already monero-wallet-gui.
<dternyak> not the repo name
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> Endogenic: can you tell what Mozilla Firefox is but its name?
<gingeropolous> yeah its a fox on fire, du
<endogenic> yeah but that's different isn't it?
<moneromooo> I thought this was for people to know what it is. And those aren't going to flock to github for the most part.
<dternyak> I suggest monero-wallet-gui as the repo name and the official name
<aerbax> Monero Pictographic Interface for Electronic Communications Devices?
<unknownids> hey fluffypony, any comment on how the coinomi guys are doin with their integration?
<_Slack> <serhack> hello devs, what do you think about monero web integrations that I'm developing ?
<fluffypony> unknownids: nobody tells me anything
<unknownids> ah okay
<moneromooo> serhack: post link again
<_Slack> <serhack> https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6g9ps5/web_integrations_update/
<gingeropolous> also, in general, fluffynet is working. maybe soon we'll have enough testing to get compact blocks live
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> Endogenic: you're welcome to comment on the Issue if this is something you care about
<_Slack> <serhack> @moneromoo ^^
<endogenic> xmr_eric: to explain myself a little… i would say Firefox is Mozilla's principal product, and so people know Mozilla b/c they know Firefox… but with Monero, isn't the brand awareness/equity/use-case in the name Monero?
<unknownids> serhack integration for things like woocommerce would be cool
<endogenic> ofc Mozilla does a lot for the communit yaside from Firefox
<_Slack> <johnalan> @serhack great work
<_Slack> <serhack> yeah, I'm developing it unkowids, but it's work in progress
* set_fact (~textual@ip245.67-202-80.static.steadfastdns.net) has joined
<unknownids> nice :)
<_Slack> <serhack> thanks :)
<Jaquee> is meeting over?
<Jaquee> any 0mq updates tewinget?
<moneromooo> Oh yes, that :)
<tewinget> Jaquee: figured I'd wait until everyone was done :)
<Jaquee> :D
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> Endogenic: you're suggesting having no name for the GUI? Or simply calling it Monero GUI?
<gingeropolous> --- drumroll -----
<endogenic> well i'm saying i think name quality depends on how well it describes the problem / matter / use-case at hand - with the name Firefox it was totally fine because the purpose was to build brand awareness in the actual app, firefox, itself - people use firefox for firefox - but ppl would be using the monero gui for monero and the fact it's official, full featured, etc
<endogenic> just my opinion and experience
<endogenic> i think pero should weigh in
<endogenic> omg 0mq
* endogenic shuts up
<set_fact> any aeon peeps hang out here? there's a privacy issue with error logs IMHO
<dEBRUYNE> set_fact: Use #aeon please
<set_fact> it's emty
<set_fact> empty
<ArticMine> In the future would there not be multiple Monero GUIs?
<endogenic> that's a good question imo
<gingeropolous> omg0mq
<pero> kerna = core?
<Jaquee> for now, could we just rename the monero-core repo to monero-wallet-gui?
<endogenic> b/c it drives at the use-case of the current GUI
<tewinget> so on pero's suggestion, I've committed to having daemon rpc server and wallet rpc client done (with all major concerns addressed), and some form of {wallet,block}notify by the end of the month.  my plan is to have the daemon server rpc buttoned up by next sunday, wallet client by the following sunday, and then spend the remainder of the month further addressing comments/suggestions and working on notify things.  That precise timeline is tentative
<tewinget> , of course, but I've committed to the end of the month for the lot.
<moneromooo> set_fact: it's not, you probably went into the wrong channel.
<_Slack> <xmr_eric> @pero y
<set_fact> k, thanks, will try again
<set_fact> Yup, my bad :)
<dternyak> tewinget thanks for committing to get ZMQ finally finished :)
<Jaquee> tewinget: sounds great
<tewinget> barring I literally get hit by a bus, of course.  and yes, I mean literally, figuratively doesn't count.
<pero> yes bus factor very high here
<ArticMine> Monero Kerna?
<gingeropolous> awesome tewinget !
<endogenic> lol pero
<moneromooo> yay tewinget ^_^
<moneromooo> (sorry for commenting so much on that patch)
<Jaquee> re gui name. current problem is that contributors/users don't find the gui when looking on our github. not the other way around.
<gingeropolous> i'll be sure to try and compile it :)
<anonimal> johnalan: yes, right now
Tags