Skip to main content
- The Monero GUI has been tagged for release, but a couple of patches came in at the last minute that need to be applied (one of them involving Ledger integration)
- Due to the late GUI release, discussions in today's dev meeting are mostly focused on how to better get pre-releases into the hands of testers sooner.
- Reproducible builds are expected to help with this dramatically.
- Work is ongoing to upgrade the Monero FFS (Forum Funding System): https://
- Lots of code merges this week in preparation for the v0.13.0 release.
- Binaries are expected to become available throughout this week. CLI will likely be first, GUI after that.
- TheCharlatan will announce/advise the availability of the reproducible builds
- Should this fail, code/binaries will be release similar to that in the past, and reproducible builds will be targeted for v0.13.1
- The translations team still have a few files to work with before release.
- Future builds/versio
- Since it's so close to the scheduled update(~Oct 18th, 2018), the next release will be v0.13.0.0 rather than v0.12.4.0
- The latest Proof of Work(PoW) changes to CryptoNightv2 could use some C++ developer scrutiny
- Kovri is now officially hosted on Gitlab. The main Monero codebase may or may not move.
- The tentative date for the next fork is scheduled for October 18th, 2018.
- SChernykh Has posted the last of the CryptoNight-v2 changes.
- Will be merged soon
- This will be the new Proof of Work
- The last of the bulletproofs code will be merged soon.
- May or may not include some additional speedup code.
- Endogenic could use some help reviewing the LightWallet pull request
- ph4r05 has submitted some preliminary code to support Trezor devices
- All Bulletproof(BP) audits have come in.
- No major issues were found.
- Some optimizations were suggested.
- All signs point to BP's making it into the next scheduled protocol upgrade.
- vtnerd has been working on a MessagePack(msgpack) encoding scheme to supplement JSON.
- Monero v0.12.3 Command Line version has been released
- Monero v0.12.3 GUI
- Tagged for release and currently being built by Fluffy
- This will have native Ledger support
- User experience is the primary target after 0.12.3 is released
- Work will also begin on native Android and iOS implementations
- If anyone is int
- It was a short meeting today - mostly centered around potential ways to improve the GUI
- Mooo and Sarang have found a way to speed up Bulletproof verification times: https://github.com/moneromooo-monero/bitmonero/tree/bp-multi-aggregation-pippenger
- v0.12.2.0 has been tagged for release. Binaries will be built soon.
- Code freeze for the Aug/Sept update is expected to happen in Mid July.
- Bulletproofs and Cryptonight v2 are exempt from that schedule and will continue to be worked on during the freeze.
- Arcticmine and Sarang are working on an updated fee structure
- Monero Integrations Team has released a payment gate way for OpenCart
- Stoffu has added automatic popping of bad version blocks
- rbrunner is working on an easier MultiSig implementation
- sarang is analyzing an implementation of non-interactive refunds